The daily maintenance of leather shoes is as important as the need for skin care and hydration. If leather shoes are worn for a long time and are not maintained frequently, they will easily fade and fade in hot and humid environments.
Therefore, it is necessary to regularly maintain the shoes with the same color shoe polish, which has the effect of moisturizing the leather and fixing the color.
Steps to clean leather shoes:
1. When cleaning leather shoes, it is not advisable to wipe with a too wet cloth. We can first wipe the dust off the surface with a cloth, and then wipe the other parts of the leather shoes with a damp towel.
2. Then put it in a cool and ventilated place to dry or dry it with a dry towel. Remember not to put it in direct sunlight, otherwise it will cause damage to the cortex.
3. Finally, apply the shoe polish evenly on the upper, and after the shoe polish is dry, apply the shoe polish with a rubber brush to make the color distribution of the shoe polish more even.
Precautions when cleaning leather shoes.
1. Wipe off the dust with a shoe cloth or soft bristles, wipe the gap between the heel and the shoe body with a sharp brush, and then put the shoe support, which can be replaced with newspaper.
2. Do not use liquid shoe polish, so as not to penetrate the skin.
3. When applying shoe cream on leather shoes, use high-quality special leather shoe cream. Avoid applying shoe cream directly to the leather surface, but apply it to the cloth or polish first.
4. If the leather shoes are damp, use a dry cloth to absorb the moisture of the leather shoes, then put them in a cool place and let the leather shoes dry naturally. Otherwise, bursting or shrinkage may occur.
5. When cleaning leather shoes, avoid water washing and contact with chemical solvents.
6. The surface of leather shoes is prone to cracks after wearing for a long time. The cracks can be filled with paraffin wax, ironed, and finished with the same color shoe polish.
But pay attention to the temperature and time of ironing, so as not to burn the leather.
7. If you accidentally make a small gap on the upper of the leather shoes, just apply an appropriate amount of garlic juice to stick it firmly.
8. There is dirt on the surface of leather shoes, do not wipe with water or gasoline. Because water can harden the leather, gasoline can volatilize the oil contained in the leather, causing the leather to crack.
It is best to first gently wipe the dirt with a soft cloth or brush, then apply a little Vaseline, and then repeatedly wipe with a soft cloth to remove the dirt, and finally apply shoe polish to make it as bright as new.
9. If the leather shoes are found to be frosted, you can use gauze or cotton dipped in a small amount of warm water, wipe off the white frost on the shoes, put them in a ventilated place to dry, and then apply a small amount of shoe polish to save it.
Or wipe with a light, soft cloth dampened with vinegar, then apply shoe cream of the same color, and let dry.
When we usually choose leather shoes, in order to ensure the quality and comfort, we try to choose regular stores to buy, not only the quality is guaranteed, but also it is not easy to buy fakes.