Cranberry is recognized as a healthy fruit in the world, is also known as "North American ruby". Because cranberry is rich in nutrients such as anthocyanins,proanthocyanidins, vitamin C and tannins, it is a good product for women's daily maintenance.
This small, round berry that looks like a ruby is extremely demanding in growing conditions. The global production area is less than 40,000 acres, and most of them grow in the cold, highly acidic sandy soil of North American wetlands. After 3-5 years of cultivation, they can grow into fresh red fruits.
Cranberries taste sour and slightly sweet. Because fresh cranberry fruit is rich in concentrated tannins, its taste is sour cranberry has the characteristics of high water, low calorie, high fiber and multi-mineral.
Fresh cranberries are relatively rare in the market. First, it is extremely difficult to preserve fresh fruit during long-distance transportation. Even if it is successfully preserved, the cost will be very high. Second, the taste of fresh fruit is too sour and unacceptable to ordinary people. So our common cranberries are cranberry dried fruit, jam, juice and so on.
Dried cranberry fruit, ruddy in color, full in flesh and pure in flavor, can be eaten directly as a snack at leisure time, or mixed with salad, made into cranberry ice cream, or baked into delicious bread, biscuits and other foods .
Also, cranberry smoothies are delicious, let's see how to make them.
4 tablespoons strawberry jam
50ml cranberry juice
2 tablespoons fructose
80ml tonic water
· Pour strawberry jam into a sealed bag, add cranberry juice and fructose, squeeze out excess air, seal the bag, and knead the ingredients evenly with your hands.
· Flatten the sealed bag, place it on a flat metal plate, and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
· Freeze until the material does not have any liquid, take it out and wrap it with a clean rag, while rubbing it with your hands until it is evenly spread. It's a joy to enjoy smoothies in the hot season.
· Open the mouth of the bag, pour in the tonic water, seal the bag immediately, let the tonic water and other ingredients rub and mix evenly, and then pour it into a cup.
In addition, cranberries can be made into delicious yogurt in addition to making smoothies, which is sweet and sour, very appetizing.
Moderate amount of cranberries
2 mint leaves
· Wash the fresh cranberries in advance and put them in the refrigerator to harden.
· Lightly crush the frozen cranberries in a plastic bag.
· Pour a third of the yogurt into the cup and add a few cranberries.
· Then pour in the remaining yogurt and top with a few crushed cranberries.
Put a mint leaf on top to garnish, and a cup of sweet and sour yogurt smoothie is ready. If you are afraid of sourness, you can sprinkle a little powdered sugar.
The preservation of fresh cranberries is that the fresh-keeping bag should not be too full and easy to freeze together. During the period, you can take it out of the refrigerator and shake it to make the grains clear.
Yogurt contains a variety of enzymes, which promote digestion and absorption, maintain the ecological balance of intestinal flora, form a biological barrier, and inhibit the invasion of harmful bacteria to the intestinal tract. So this cup of cranberry yogurt is also good for our body.