Apricot is one of the common fruits and looks very similar to peaches. The best way to distinguish them is that apricots are yellow and smaller. However, with the improvement of planting technology in recent years, the size of apricots has also become a lot bigger.
Apricot is a unique fruit with a sweet and sour taste. After the apricots are mature, you can choose apricots with purple or orange skin color and bright red flesh, which taste better.
Apricots are extremely nutritious, containing more sugar, protein and minerals such as calcium and phosphorus, as well as provitamin A, vitamin C and B vitamins.
For people with high cholesterol, moderate consumption of apricots can reduce cholesterol, because apricots are rich in vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids, which can reduce the proportion of cholesterol in human blood. For people with high blood lipids and high cholesterol, apricots are very ideal foods.
In addition to being eaten directly, apricots can also be made into different delicacies.
1. Apricot ice cream
200g whipped cream
50g granulated sugar
10g corn starch water
· Wash fresh apricots, remove the pits, do not need to peel, add 30 grams of sugar.
· Add a little water to make a pulp, put it in a small pot, and cook on low heat.
· Reserve a portion of the pulp, add a little water, add cornstarch and mix well, then pour it back into the pot and cook until it thickens.
· Put the boiled fruit pulp aside to cool, add the remaining 20 grams of sugar to the whipped cream.
· Take out a part of the whipped cream and the cooled fruit pulp and mix it well, pour it back into the bowl, and mix it with all the whipped cream evenly.Then it is done.
2. Rock sugar apricots
80g rock sugar
· Wash the apricots, cut in half and remove the pits.
· Boil the water and add the pitted apricots.
· After the water boils, immediately put the apricots into cold water and peel off the skin.
· Put the apricot meat, rock sugar and water into the electric pressure cooker and cook for 3 minutes!Then the rock sugar apricot is done.
3. Apricot jam
260g white sugar
· Soak apricots with salt and water for ten minutes.
· Break the soaked and cleaned apricots in half and remove the pits. Sprinkle evenly with the sugar in the recipe. Stir with a spoon to ensure that all apricots are covered with sugar.
· After keeping the lid tightly closed and refrigerating overnight, the juice in the apricots seeped out.
· Pour the oozing juice into the pot separately, and cook on low heat until it becomes slightly thick, about 10 minutes.
· Put the apricot meat into the boiled juice, and continue to boil for about half an hour on low heat.
· During the brewing process, you need to keep stirring to prevent sticking to the bottom. Stop the fire when the jam becomes viscous. It can be stored in a bottle after cooling!
Of course, there are many delicious ways of apricots, which can be made into dried apricots or apricot smoothies, all of which are worth trying.