Coconut oil is made by saponifying, acidifying, washing, and dehydrating coconuts.
Coconut oil is a vegetable oil, but it contains up to 80% to 90% saturated fatty acids, a much higher content than other common vegetable oils.
Coconut oil is produced in Southeast Asian countries, where it is used not only as cooking oil but also for insect bites, skin inflammation, hair, and skincare, oil cleaning and toothache treatment, etc.
More than 50% of coconut oil is lauric acid, which only exists in breast milk and a few foods in nature and is the healthiest oil for the human body.
Lauric acid is a kind of medium-chain fatty acid, easy to decompose and absorb, quite stable, and not easy to deteriorate.
The book Coconut Cures explains that medium-chain fatty acids can destroy the lipid outer layer of many viruses, including herpes, HIV, influenza virus, SARS, etc.
It is not only good for health but also has the following healing effects and functions:
1. The lauric acid in coconut oil can improve the body's immunity and has strong antibacterial power, which is suitable for children, and the elderly, and weak resistance to the infection-prone physique.
2. It can lower the cholesterol ratio and will not increase the metabolic load of the body, which can prevent and control heart disease and other cardiovascular diseases.
Coconut oil can help improve insulin sensitivity, making the cells easier to respond and antagonize become less, thus helping to protect against hypertension, and will even lower blood pressure, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
It does not accumulate in the walls of the blood vessels causing atherosclerosis, resulting in less vascular disease.
3. Coconut oil is a saturated fat with stable lipids that are less prone to oxidation and free radical attack, helping the body to prevent the production of free radicals.
It can moisturize the skin, adjust the secretion of sebaceous glands, improve dry skin texture, and eliminate wrinkles, acne, and dandruff. Allergic skin types can enhance skin adaptability.
4. Coconut oil is easier to hydrolyze than other edible oils and is easily digested and absorbed, making it more suitable for people with digestive disorders and weakness.
For gallbladder removal, gallstones, cholecystitis, and pancreatitis physique should not eat a variety of fats containing long-chain fatty acids but can eat coconut oil.
5. Coconut oil can improve metabolism, be antibacterial, antiviral, and anticancer, activate thyroid function, maintain energy levels, and stabilize blood sugar.
6. Whether it is fish oil, butter, lard, cream, and other vegetable oils, sunflower oil, peanut oil, and olive oil are all long-chain oils with a longer molecular structure and are not easily consumed.
Only coconut oil is medium-chain fatty acids, is the most easily burned fat, increasing the rate of burning calories, so it is easy to help slim down and lose weight.
7. Coconut oil can reduce liver fat, people with liver disease, hepatitis B, and fatty liver can eat coconut oil.