If you often bake, you may find that lemon juice is used in many formulas. In fact, this mainly depends on the role it plays in the formula. When it is a protagonist, it cannot be omitted. If it only plays an auxiliary effect, then it will not be added.
Stabilize the egg white
The baking masters often add lemon juice during the process of making egg whites. That is because lemon juice is used to adjust the egg white pH and neutralize protein alkali, making the egg white easily foam.
Add lemon juice when making homemade cakes, which will not affect the color and taste, but also make the formed egg white foam more stable.
The deepness of fruit oxidation color will greatly reduce our baking shape! The citric acid in lemon juice is an effective antioxidant that can prevent fruit oxidation.
Sprinkle lemon juice directly on fruit slices, or mix cold water and lemon juice in a bowl to soak fruit slices to prevent oxidation.
Lemon is a good thing. As a fruit, it can not only bring us rich vitamins but also make delicious lemonade. Lemon can also be used as a seasoning in the process of our cooking, making the taste of cooking more unique.
In addition to making drinks, lemon can also be used as an ingredient to make a delicious fruit pie. Let's share a recipe below. We can improve according to our own taste and try to make delicious lemon pies and lemon cakes at home.
The method of lemon pie:
Ingredients: 150 grams of butter, 160 grams of sugar powder, an appropriate amount of low-gluten flour, whipped cream and lemon juice, and two lemons.
1. After softening 150 grams of butter, add 1 egg yolk and 50 grams of sugar powder. After mixing them, use an eggbeater to send it to fluffy.
2. Low-gluten flour is sieved into the butter mixture, knead it with your hands, knead it into a smooth dough, wrap it with plastic wrap, and put the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Take out the refrigerated dough, put it in the middle of the two pieces of plastic wrap, and press it into a round dough with your hand.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees, place the dough on the middle layer, and bake for 25 minutes until the surface is golden.
5. Pour 100ml of whipped cream 380ml and lemon juice, 14ml of lemon crumbs, 110 grams of sugar powder, 1 egg yolk, and 4 eggs into large bowls, and stir with an eggbeater.
6. Pour the stuffing into the dough, put it in the middle layer of the oven, adjust the temperature of the oven to 160 degrees (preheat the oven in advance), and bake for about 35 minutes, until the stuffing is completely solidified.
The method of lemon cake:
Ingredients: 3 eggs, 130g of yogurt, 40g of low-gluten flour, 25g of sugar, and half of the lemon.
1. Mix lemon crumbs with yogurt and place it for 15 minutes.
2. Separate egg yolk and egg white, add yogurt and stir until the yogurt has no particles.
3. Add low-gluten flour and preheat the oven at the same time.
4. Then make protein paste. Put the eggs in a clean pot and drip a few drops of lemon juice.
5. Use an egg beater to pass the protein to the thick protein and add sugar, and continue to pass with an eggbeater.
6. Put one-third of the protein paste into the egg yolk paste, stir well, and then pour into the protein paste and quickly stir well.
7. Pour the cake paste into the mold and then put it in the oven and bake it at 180 degrees for 25 minutes. After turning off the heat, place it in the oven for 30 minutes. Then you can take it out and put it in the refrigerator for more than 4 hours before eating.