Teeth are the hardest organs in the human body. In addition to their function of biting and chewing, they also function to maintain the shape of the face and aid in pronunciation. Teeth can be divided into four types: incisors, tiger teeth, premolars and molars.
Teeth cleaning is critical.
1. Rinse your mouth.
Factors affecting the effect: the amount of mouthwash, the size of the gargling power, the number of times of gargling, the nature of the mouthwash used, and so on.
Classification of mouthwashes used: water, fluoridated water, metronidazole.
2. Brush your teeth.
Frequency: It is best to brush your teeth once after meals or before bed, at least once in the morning and once in the evening.
Time: At least 3 minutes each time.
How to properly brush your teeth?
1. First of all, the toothbrush should be held well. There should be a 45-degree angle between the teeth and the toothbrush.
2. It should be gently placed between the gums and the teeth, and then rotated to brush. All teeth should be brushed with gentle pressure.
3. The brushing method on the occlusal surface of the teeth is relatively simple, as long as we use the brushing method we are used to, and the angle between the toothbrush and the teeth is 90 degrees when brushing.
4. Hold the toothbrush upright, brush lightly with the bristles in front of the toothbrush, brush the upper teeth from top to bottom, and brush the lower teeth from bottom to top.
5. Many people neglect the cleaning of the tongue. In fact, brushing your tongue lightly after brushing your teeth can effectively remove food debris, reduce bacteria, and help prevent bad breath.
How often should you change your toothbrush?
Plastic toothbrushes should be replaced within 1-2 months, and animal hair toothbrushes must be replaced after a maximum of 1 month.
If the toothbrush in use has problems such as deformation and curling of the toothbrush head, it proves that the toothbrush is no longer suitable for brushing teeth, and it is best to replace it immediately to avoid damage to the enamel and oral cavity.
Tips for buying a toothbrush.
The length of the toothbrush head should be 2.5 to 3 cm, the width should be 0.8 to 1 cm, there are 2 to 4 rows of bristles, each row of 5 to 12 bristles, and the front end of the toothbrush head is round.
The hardness of the bristles: generally can be divided into three types: soft, neutral and hard. Generally, a neutral hardness toothbrush is more suitable. Not too hard or too soft.
The angle between the brush head and the brush handle: there are two kinds of straight and curved. The straight toothbrush is more powerful when used, while the curved toothbrush is better for cleaning the back teeth. An angle of 17 degrees to 20 degrees is suitable.
If you don't brush your teeth, you can leave food debris in your mouth. Especially in the crevices or cavities, there are food residues that cannot be brushed off for a long time. Local bacteria can ferment food scraps and cause demineralization and tooth decay.
In addition, if food residues remain in the mouth, in addition to possible tooth decay, it will also produce some special odors, which further deteriorates oral hygiene.
Be sure to brush your teeth on time~